There’s a Promise Neighborhood in your community and it needs your continued support to succeed, as do the children living in it. Our nine-block neighborhood of the Old Allentown section of Center City will thrive with your help.
But first, let us explain exactly what a Promise Neighborhood is and what it means to all of us.
A Promise Neighborhood is:
- A shared vision for building a community of opportunity centered on strong schools that allow children to learn, grow, and succeed.
- A national movement of over 100 communities across the U.S. backed by an $80 million funding commitment from Congress and the President of the United States.
- A defined neighborhood that wraps children in high-quality coordinated health, social, community, and educational support from birth through college to career.
- A diverse community bound by a common commitment to ensuring every child is healthy and prepared to learn, is supported in schools and in their homes, succeeds academically, will graduate from high school prepared to pursue the college or career path they choose, and will enter their careers and become the leaders we need in our businesses and communities.
- A place where everyone should choose to live, learn, and lead.
Want to get involved? Fill out the pledge form to commit to supporting your community today.