POSITION: Community Manager
ORGANIZATION: Promise Neighborhoods of the Lehigh Valley
POSITION LEVEL: Management
REPORTING STRUCTURE: Reports to Director of Operations
The Community Manager will be an effective leader in the development, implementation, management coordination, assessment and on-going administration of services provided by partners to children and families in the Promise Neighborhoods across the Lehigh Valley.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to these duties:
- Serve as lead staff on committee work related to the 9 promises
- Supervise community organizers, case managers, resident liaisons, interns and volunteers.
- Develop, lead, and facilitate cross-sector networks related to our work (early learning, youth development, health, housing networks)
- Use data to inform practice and decision making
- Actively participate in a collaborative process for addressing issues of social isolation, health disparities, early childhood education, racism, and poverty in the Allentown Promise Neighborhood.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, block level organizing and other resident leadership development.
- Advocate for the best interests of the Promise Neighborhoods on issues of social isolation, health disparities, early childhood education, racism and poverty.
- Help coordinate neighborhood improvement projects and volunteer service efforts.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of communications on APN activities and issues, including website and newsletters.
- Contribute to maintenance of APN calendar of events, organizational databases, and all records and reports for APN, and community stakeholders.
- Resident of Promise Neighborhood highly desired
- Master Degree in social work, public health, education, sociology, criminal justice, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years human service, social services, education, early childhood or healthcare leadership experience
- Eagerness to establish relationships with neighborhood residents
- Detail and task oriented
- Community organizing principles
- Group facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Strong time and task management skills
- Genuine commitment and sensitivity to residents and community issues
- Respect for economic and cultural diversity, experience working with diverse groups of people
- Highly motivated and independent, yet team-oriented
- Must be able to work long hours, weekends and evenings
- Computer and other standard office equipment skills sufficient to prepare flyers and other communications, maintain databases, email, and website posting.
Bilingual English-Spanish is a huge asset and highly desirable
Salary: $35,000-$42,000 depending on education and experience plus competitive benefits package
Fax or email resume and cover letter to: Hasshan Batts, Director of Operations email@example.com 610-351-4275.