1. What is Family Connection and what does it do for the Easton community?
Family Connection of Easton is the nonprofit family center for the Easton Area School District.Family Connection was created in 1998 on the south side of Easton. We incorporated as a 501(c)3 in 2006 and we are now a district-wide, school-based agency that serves hundreds of families annually. Our services have expanded over the years and we currently offer:
· Family Support and Case Management
· Parenting Education;
· Health & Wellness Initiatives
· Backpack Pals Food Distribution
· The Parent-Child Home Program early learning home visitation program
· After-School Learning Clubs at Cheston & Paxinosa Elementary Schools
· Kindergarten Transition Programming
· Community School Lead Partner at Paxinosa
2. How do PNLV and Family Connections work together? What goals do the two organizations share?
Family Connection works with EPN in a variety of ways, as both of our agencies are focused on the idea of collective impact. Many of your nine Promises align with our Community School’s six Conditions of Learning. Paxinosa Elementary is one of our main focus schools, which lies directly in your EPN.
Our mission is to be a catalyst for change within families, schools, and communities – through a team approach that includes families, the Easton Area School District, and community organizations, we improve academic performance, the quality of life, and the strength of our community. That team approach is key to our work with EPN. Our goal is to work together to create strong neighborhoods and schools where all children and families have the opportunity to achieve academic and personal success.
3. What projects will you be working on with PNLV this year?
Family Connection’s Community School Director is currently working with EPN to form a West Ward Collective Impact Team that will include community leaders from nonprofits, education, government, foundations, health institutions, and more around issues of K-16 Education, Housing & Safety, Health and Early Learning. We coordinate efforts around kindergarten transition and work together to promote on-time school registration. Our agencies are also connected through a three-year Paxinosa-centered grant that focuses on community, school and family engagement. Lastly, we will be working with EPN on their summer block party.