YWCA of Bethlehem is seeking part-time after-school instructors for the TechGYRLS program that they implement in the Bethlehem Area School District.
· The instructors are needed to facilitate a curriculum-based technology program to young girls in grades 3-5. You DO NOT need to be a technical wizard, but you do need to be computer literate and be able to follow a curriculum.
· The job pays $10.50 per hour. The instructors work 2 days per week for about 1.5 hours each day. One hour is for the class and ½ hour is for the lesson preparation. After school programming runs from 3:30pm – 4:30pm.
· Each instructor works at an Elementary School in Bethlehem on either a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. The elementary schools who are participating currently are William Penn Elementary, Lincoln Elementary, and Fountain Hill Elementary.
· Each instructor will need child abuse clearance, criminal background checks, and drug testing, but all of that will be paid for by the YWCA. These are the requirements to work in the schools!!!
· Most of all, you need to be able to work well with young kids and be an awesome mentor and friend! I had a lot of fun teaching this program at Donegan last year, but my new job ends way too late in the day.
If anyone is interested in becoming a TechGYRLS Instructor, please contact Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no upcoming events.
Check back soon!