1) How long have you lived in the APN? What do you like most about living here?
I have been an Allentown resident for approximately six years. What I enjoy most about living in Allentown is its suburban communities. Before moving to Allentown, I was a New York resident and it was very noisy and it lacked communal atmosphere. A lot of parts of Allentown still have strong communal energy.
2) What made you want to get more involved in your neighborhood?
I have always wanted to get involved in my neighborhood; I think that I just didn’t have the right resources or know the right information to get started. Now that I work with Allentown Promise Neighborhood I have motivation and more goals to reach and complete, and that is very exciting to me.
3) Why do you feel that you are a good candidate to represent APN? What qualities or abilities do you possess for this role?
I feel that I am a good candidate to represent APN because I am very professional and have leader qualities. I am able to work effectively in a team and get the job done. I have taken a public speaking course and feel that I am a very good speaker. In addition, I am very compassionate and I know that this is critical when speaking to APN residents.
4) What are you most looking forward to in your role as a member of the APN Community Engagement Team?
I am looking forward to seeing change and more community involvement in our residents. Our goal is to bring information and services to our community and I am looking forward to see great impact in doing so.
5) What do you think of APN and what it does for our community?
I think that the work that APN does is phenomenal. I take great pride in working with this team because the services it offers to its residents are very beautiful.