Habitat for Humanity of the Lehigh Valley is proud to introduce “A Brush with Kindness” program to the Allentown Promise Neighborhood. This service is an exterior home repair program that provides exterior maintenance assistance for low income homeowners. Projects will include painting, porch repair, accessibility and minor exterior repair services for homeowners in need. Projects will address areas of safety, security, accessibility and code violation.
A Brush with Kindness projects will help local low income homeowners who are affected by age, disability or family circumstances who struggle to maintain the exterior of their homes. Through these projects, families are able to reclaim their homes with pride and dignity. Habitat will focus resources in Jordan Heights and the Allentown Promise neighborhood to help residents transform their community into vibrant, safe, and inviting places to live for both current and future residents.
Eligible applicants will meet the following criteria:
· Own and reside in a home in need of repairs within the Lehigh Valley (no rental properties)
· Provide proof of ownership with a copy of the deed or mortgage statement
· Maintain active homeowner’s insurance
· Annual household income below 80% of area median income
· Be up to date on property taxes and mortgage (if any)
· Be willing to partner with Habitat by contributing sweat equity hours by helping with the repairs, serving lunch, or volunteering at the ReStore or Habitat office
· Homeowners will pay a nominal fee upon completion of the repairs
· Repairs will not include emergency maintenance or interior repairs
To apply for A Brush with Kindness project please submit a completed application to Habitat for Humanity of the Lehigh Valley at 245 N. Graham St. Allentown, PA 18109 or fax to 610-776-7569.
Applications and brochures are available at www.habitatlv.org under the NRI page, at the Habitat office and the Allentown Promise Neighborhood office.
How the program works: Apply by submitting an application with a description of all requested repairs and required documentation. Once verified as eligible, a member of our construction team will contact you to assess the requested repairs. If repairs are covered in the program and you agree to the terms of the services you will be placed in our program schedule for repairs. Volunteer teams lead by professionally trained construction staff will make improvements to the home at your scheduled repair date.