Last year PNLV conducted a resident survey of our Southside Bethlehem #BPN neighborhood (Census tract 112) to determine the status of living conditions for families and children in four key areas.
One of those areas relates to PNLV Promise 3 – “students feel safe and live in stable communities.” A total of 376 homes completed the survey, which was 47% of the target audience, and 17.5% of all households in Census Tract 112.
– 63.8% responded that they would continue to live in the neighborhood if they were given the choice.
– 77.1% reported that they have someone in the neighborhood that they could turn to in the case of an emergency.
– 28.5% reported volunteering with a community group or organization in the neighborhood in the past year.
– The most common other neighborhood issues include parking, bad neighbors (students) and trash/litter.
– 65.2% of the 138 respondents who have children in the home reported they would not feel safe having their children walk to school by themselves.
Download the entire BPN Neighborhood Survey Report here:
There are no upcoming events.
Check back soon!